Consuming hemp flower
A description and comparison of methods
How is hemp flower consumed?
There are two primary methods of consuming hemp flower:
- Orally – A hemp flower, or sometimes a hemp flower concentrate such as an oil, is consumed by mouth and swallowed.
- Inhalation – Hemp flower vapor or smoke is inhaled into the lungs. This is the most efficient way to consume hemp flower in terms of absorption and cost. However, the best thing for your lungs is clean air. If you choose to inhale hemp flower smoke or vapor, we accept no responsibility for damage done to your lungs.
What are the oral methods of consuming hemp?
Hemp flower can be consumed orally with two primary methods:
- Tincture or oil – A tincture or oil is often held under the tongue to maximize absorption before being swallowed.
- Swallowed – Hemp flower itself can be eaten and digested. This method has the lowest absorption rate.
What are the inhalation methods of consuming hemp?
Inhalation methods have the best absorption rates. Hemp flower can be inhaled two primary ways:
- Vaporization – Hemp flower is heated causing cannabioids and terpenes to boil and vaporize. The vapor is then inhaled into the lungs. With this method, there is no combustion so no smoke is produced.
- Combustion – Hemp flower is burned creating smoke which is inhaled into the lungs. This is the most common method of consuming hemp flower.